QuOtE Of ThE DaY

Saturday, 6 November 2010

"The Butterfly Project"


Oh! pleasant, pleasant were the days,
The time, when, in our childish plays,
My sister Emmeline and I
Together chased the butterfly!
A very hunter did I rush
Upon the prey:--with leaps and springs
I followed on from brake to bush;
But she, God love her, feared to brush
The dust from off its wings.
~William Wordsworth~

Today,I came across some Information about a very special art project "The Butterfly Project" hosted by The Holocaust Museum Houston in Texas, USA.
The aim of this project is to collect 1.5 million butterflies - each one a representation of a child who's life was sacrificed during the Holocaust.

If you'd like to participate ,or spread the word...you can find out more by clicking the links above.



To see some amazingly beautiful pieces of butterfly artwork..you can visit the link below.


~ThE BuTtErFlY PrOjEcT~

No comments: